Building & Construction
At Quinn & Scattini, we represent builders, home owners, commercial building owners, building suppliers, sub-contractors, plumbers, property developers, electricians, construction companies and other professionals in the building and construction industry.
Quinn & Scattini has expertise in relation to the following matters:
- Legal representation in both the State Courts and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal for all building and construction disputes.
- Prosecuting and defending construction contract disputes involving both large commercial construction projects and residential construction works, including disputes over home renovations.
- Claiming and defending damages for breach of construction contract and negligence claims over defective building construction works.
- Advice on termination of contract, delays, disruption, and your rights under the construction contract.
- General construction litigation, mediation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Advising and litigating over payment claims, payment schedules, and both applying and defending adjudication applications under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld).
- Obtaining injunctions, declaratory reliefs and stay of enforcement of judgments in relation to adjudicators' decisions.
- Issuing notices and recovering debts under the Subcontractors' Charges Act 1974 (Qld).
- Defending prosecutions by the Queensland Building Services Authority.
- Reinstating your Licence, and appealing against the cancellation of your licence by the Queensland Building Services Authority.
If you require legal advice or legal representation in relation to any building and construction matters, please contact Quinn & Scattini Lawyers on 1800 999 LAW (1800 999 529) or email us at email@example.com.